Welcome to the PD Management Tools
Each brief module provides in-depth information on a specific tool to help you manage your Peritoneal Dialysis patients.
Coming Soon! New Misperceptions of PD Candidacy: Interactive Resource Guide
A Practical Guide to PD access Care: Infectious and Non-Infectious Complications Management.
A Practical Guide to PD Access Care: Infectious and Non-infectious Complications Management was developed based on a review of the current medical literature, the recommendations of the International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis (ISPD) ad hoc advisory committee on PD-related infections, and the authors’ clinical experience. Sections include operative planning and processes, chronic catheter care, and infectious and noninfectious complications, with suggested references and additional clinical resources. By its nature, this guide cannot be considered to be exhaustive, and users are encouraged to pursue specific issues that may not be covered herein. Therefore, this guide should not replace the independent clinical judgment of the healthcare provider.
This guide was developed as an aid to improve PD catheter management in the adult patient. It is our hope that these guidelines will assist you in improving patient care by optimizing PD catheter outcomes.
PD Planner for PD Nurses: Starting and keeping patients on PD Therapy: A guide to the first 90 days
The PD planner features:
- Customizable 90-day calendar that follows the patient’s first 90 days on therapy
- Suggested nurse-checklist of PD nursing tasks organized by week
- Built in patient training day tracking capabilities
- BDP’s related to preventing the four main causes of PD dropout
- Optional reference parameters to track patients that may be high-risk
- Offered as a free downloadable PDF that nurses can save to their device or print out.